Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: OT: Life is good. . .

  1. #41
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a wonderful family. My DH is very special to me and we'll have been married 10 years this May. My 9 year old DD is happy, healthy and doing well in school. My 5 year old DS who was almost 2 years developmentally delayed at age 3 is now testing within normal ranges in most areas and will most probably be starting Kindergarden on time in the fall. I feel very lucky! - Meg B.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad this thread came back up!
    ->I'm happy that my comprehensive examinations went well. I need to pass them to get my master's this May.
    ->I'm happy to graduating and heading to law school because I'll get to move much closer to my family, who I've missed to death.
    ->I'm happy to return to a place where people care and respect each other.
    and finally,
    ->I'm happy to have family and friends who are happy to see me come home [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member sthissell's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a wonderful thread!!!! It is great to see this today, because I'm really tired. The dog, the kids, and the cat have conspired to keep me up almost all night (Jamey was working overnight) and I'm exhausted, so it is nice to think of my blessings...

    -I have two wonderful children and a great husband who loves us all very much
    -my brother and his wife just had a beautiful baby girl after a very scary delivery
    -my best friend's husband only has some fractured ribs and a bruised lung after being involved in a fatal accident where a 19 year old kid lost control of his car and went into Bill's lane on the highway

    I'm very blessed!

  4. #44
    joelanddeborah
    Guest joelanddeborah's Avatar

    Post

    Way to make me cry this morning!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    --I have four amazing kids who are trying to make good choices and work hard.
    --I have a husband who kindly takes care of all of us.
    --I have amazing friends who are like sisters to me.
    --I live in a beautiful, peaceful place where I hear birds sing outside my window every morning.

    We are so blessed!

  5. #45
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so glad to see this thread back. It's wonderful reading about what everyone else has to be grateful for and it certainly reminded me of what I should give thanks for. I notice sometimes I tend to forget that and concentrate on the problems at hand that can seem overwhelming. I need to remind myself that I have--

    * two wonderful kids who have come through some tough times and are now both doing well in college
    * a kind and loving husband of more than 30 years who is my best friend
    * a wonderful home that while far from the fanciest around is filled with love and good memories

    And I've just finished my first year in my master's program, in which I've met a great group of people and become friends with them.

    Truly a lot to be grateful for!

  6. #46
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have so many things to be thankful for I simply don't know where to start! Here are the top 7!

    I am a Christian and am saved by the blood of Jesus Christ!

    I have loving parents who have let me stay at home while I save money for my own house.

    I have a college Master's degree and a great job that I love!

    I have a warm house, clean clothes, and food on the table each and every day.

    I am fairly healthy and have lost 13 pounds lately (an working on losing more!)

    I have a great brother who is graduating today and soon to be a firefighter.

    I have one grandmother left who is dear to me and our family.

    I loved this post, it made me feel so blessed today!

  7. #47
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am happy that it is finally spring here in Wisconsin. My lilacs are blooming and smell beautiful. Tulips, grape hyacinths and creeping phlox are also blooming. The crab apple trees are stunning and my whole yard smells sweet.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Spring is also in full bloom here in Utah - I love it when the earth comes back to life at the end of winter! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Originally posted by allthingsag:
    My daughter came out of the hospital Thursday after 3 months. This is a true blessing!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I found this as I was re-reading this thread, and realized that we haven't seen you around for awhile! Do you still come and lurk from time to time? How are you and how is your daughter? I do hope all is well. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 07, 2006 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

  9. #49
    Inactive Member MegadethLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2006
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It was very refreshing to read this post. I have a an annoying weekend and my room mate and I are at war since he sold my TV set and kept the money. I am very close to moving so I am surrounded by boxes, bags of trash, and madness.
    It was great to be able to sit back and be reminded of the simple pleasures that life has to offer.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member BohemianMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2006
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I finally "broke ground" and started my first novel today. It's been something stirring around inside of me for almost five years and it feels good to get down to it! The introduction is done and the first chapter started! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •